DRIVE created the Professional Shop Owner program to allow owners of automotive shops to earn an advanced certificate in shop management.
This certificate is a prerequisite for becoming Master of Shop Management and is awarded to owners who demonstrate a high level of competence in running and organized and profitable shop.
PROFESSIONAL SHOP OWNER TRAINING
To qualify, the following training classes must successfully be completed:
- Essentials of Shop Management workshop
- Supercharge Your Profits workshop OR Building Your Dream Team workshop
- Keys to Understanding Your Financial Reports workshop (if required)
- Financial Control workshop
- Controlling the Front workshop OR Collision Controlling the Front workshop
- Professional Service Advisor Sales workshop OR Sales Training for Estimators workshop
- Essentials of Marketing workshop
- Marketing to Your Customer Base workshop OR New Customer Acquisition workshop
- Management Tools Being Used: The owner is using basic management tools such as keeping main KPIs up-to-date and posted, writing weekly plans, writing weekly
plans, writing and using policies and hats.
- Increase in Gross Sales: The shop’s gross sales/gross income has increased over a 9-month period, compared to the same period from the prior year.
- Owner’s Compensation: The owner is compensated at a minimum of 12.5% of total sales or income.
- Increase in Net Worth: The shop’s net worth has increased over a 9-month period, compared to the same period from the prior year.
- Business Reserves: A substantial increase in reserves or reduction of debt.